Auditore Forum
instance Saturdays

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Auditore Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-05-2018 03:26:24    Onderwerp: instance Saturdays Reageren met citaat
By Oliver Trust

BERLIN nike cortez ultra moire australia , April 14 (Xinhua) -- Small ball or big ball, this is a question. Germany's star table tennis player Timo Boll, once world No. 1 in the ITTF rankings nike cortez grey womens australia , also loves football and even played as a striker at a local club when he was a kid. In an recent interview with Xinhua, he said he believes that the hard-working and patient Chinese will manage to get nearer to the world's best with the help of a well-designed football development strategy.

In the interview, he also talked about upcoming games in China nike cortez grey australia , especially his pairing up with China's Ma Long in the men's doubles at this year's table tennis worlds in Suzhou.

Xinhua: Mr. Boll, what do you prefer, a small ball or more of a big one?

Timo Boll (laughing): "That sounds like a life-long question and an impossible one to answer."

Xinhua: Yes nike cortez pink australia , it's either a football or a table-tennis ball. It's your decision...

Boll: "Oh thank you, somehow I feel I'm in a bit of a tricky situation right now. But seriously, table tennis is my lifelong passion but there again I'm German and have a great love of football nike cortez white womens australia , too."

Xinhua: We're happy about that because we would like to talk about football and China.

Boll: "That's going to be interesting because at the end of April I'll be playing in the table-tennis World Cup in Suzhou - and by the way in the double event with a great Chinese sportsman - Ma Long, the seven-time World Champion. And in July I'll be playing for Shandong Weiqiao in the Chinese Super League and will later compete in the China Open in Chengdu in August. By the way with a small table-tennis ball..."

Xinhua: "We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you. What are your goals with the small table-tennis ball?"

Boll: "We want to win and play great table tennis. The doubles pairing is no PR gag, it's something we will be taking very seriously. Ma Long is a top class player of which China has many. Our games suit each other as he is an absolute killer at the table. He has the hardest shots and is a fighter with a great character."

Xinhua: "That's something you would need in football too nike cortez white australia , a fighting spirit and a team spirit. China recently has revealed plans to establish football as a national sport. What do you expect from China's football in the future?"

Boll: "I'm looking forward with great interest as to how the plans of President Xi Jinping develop. I don't think the people in China expect a rapid short-term growth. China won't win the next World Cup. Firstly the Chinese people generally are very patient and it is one reason why I feel so at home in China. However the Chinese are ambitious too. Meaning: Once they have a goal, they constantly work towards achieving it and it will be the same way with football too."

Xinhua: Do you expect China to become one of the world's top football nations?

Boll: "China will manage to get nearer to the world's best. Of that I am sure about. But of course it will take a while. It's not possible to copy the so successful table tennis system one to one that quickly. But China has a long breath when they start on the road to something they really want."

Xinhua: What will be the most important points if football is to be developed successfully?

Boll: "When playing for Shandong Luneng in the Chinese Super League, I saw a big football training center next to our one for table tennis. I expect many more to be built all over the country soon. I have actually talked to football experts in Germany about China's new plans for the game. All of them said that China should not do the same mistakes as the USA in the 70s when trying to push football by bringing in aging football stars from all over the world. If you sign big name players then pick just a few very good ones but the main thing is to concentrate on developing your own talents."

Xinhua: You live and have lived in both China and Germany. Germany is an established football country and football is the No.1 sport. Nevertheless there has been an upsurge since 2005 nike cortez blue australia , especially since the 2006 World Cup.

Boll: "It was like an explosion. Whenever the World Cup is taking place or the national team is playing almost the entire nation is glued to the big and small screens. Everybody is experiencing the feel good factor. One of the main reasons for the new success which culminated in winning the 2014 World Cup was the academy system every professional club had to set up. And they had to be of a high standard. They are a good role model for China too. As I have heard, football is starting to be taught in Chinas schools. It's the first step to develop the game properly."

Xinhua: What else?

Boll: "A good national team is one thing, but next to it a nationwide academy and league system is vital as are hot-spots in every region where you coach the talented youngsters. If it is true what I've heard nike cortez black womens australia , the Chinese football association has convinced some of the leading table tennis figures to help put an effective system in place for football."

Xinhua: By the way, do you have any kind of connection to football in general?

Boll: "When I was a kid I just to play a bit but at some stage you have to make a decision (laughing) - like you said, small ball or big ball. Whenever I can nike cortez black australia , I follow the games but unfortunately most of the time I'm training or playing matches."

Xinhua: You're a football fan?

Boll: "Oh yes, definitely. I try to see as many games as I can on TV. Nowadays you can watch many games of the big European leagues in China - and the Bundesliga too, which is great. Many Bundesliga games kick off - for instance Saturdays - at around 10 or 11 o`clock in the evening in China and our training or games are over nike cortez red womens australia , so we can watch."

Xinhua: Any special club?

Boll: "Believe it or not - I do have a favorite club - despite my admiration for the German national team with whom I once trained with in 2010."

DAMASCUS.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Auditore Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: