Auditore Forum
The film premiered at the

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Auditore Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-09-2018 05:09:27    Onderwerp: The film premiered at the Reageren met citaat
(Source: CGTN)

Workers set up large flower terrace on Tian'anmen Square in Beijing

Scenery of terraced fields in Houyuan Village http://www.dallasstarsteamstore.com/adidas-antoine-roussel-jersey , China's Fujian

Protesters gather in Berkeley despite cancellation of "Free Speech Week"

Scenery of high-speed rail networks in south China's Guangxi

In pics: paddy fields across China

Autumn scenery of Kanas scenic area in NW China's Xinjiang

10th Pink Ribbon Charity Walk held in Switzerland

KIEV, Sept. 25 (Xinhua) -- At least 56 people, including six children, were sickened by food poisoning in Ukraine's western city of Lviv, local authorities said Monday.

Four people have received medical care at home, while 52 others have been hospitalized, said Lviv regional administration in a statement.

A person remains in critical condition in intensive care and 13 are in serious condition, while the rest are in stable condition, the statement said.

All victims were diagnosed with an acute enteric infection. They fell ill after eating smoked fish purchased in a local market.

The National Police of Ukraine have started a criminal investigation into the case.

Workers set up large flower terrace on Tian'anmen Square in Beijing

Scenery of terraced fields in Houyuan Village, China's Fujian

Protesters gather in Berkeley despite cancellation of "Free Speech Week"

Li Na, India's Mirza tour in Wuhan during 2017 WTA Wuhan Open

In pics: paddy fields across China

Autumn scenery of Kanas scenic area in NW China's Xinjiang

10th Pink Ribbon Charity Walk held in Switzerland

Romanian director Cristian Mungiu (L), three times winner of Cannes prizes and president of the 2017 Shanghai International Film Festival, poses for a photograph with Sun Peng, Chairwoman and CEO of Zhejiang Roc Picture and the producer of The Chinese Widow, during the 8th edition of the film festival entitled Les Films de Cannes a Bucharest (Cannes Film Festival in Bucharest) at a cinema in Bucharest, capital of Romania, on Oct. 14, 2017. The 8th edition of the film festival entitled Les Films de Cannes a Bucharest (Cannes Film Festival in Bucharest) is an opportunity for Bucharesters to get more familiarized with the latest Chinese cinema productions. Among several films, "The Chinese Widow" screened here Sunday evening, is the star of this edition. (XinhuaGabriel Petrescu)

By Marcela GANEA

BUCHAREST, Oct. 15 (Xinhua) -- The 8th edition of the film festival entitled Les Films de Cannes a Bucharest (Cannes Film Festival in Bucharest) is an opportunity for Bucharesters to get more familiarized with the latest Chinese cinema productions.

Among several films, "The Chinese Widow" screened here Sunday evening, is the star of this edition.

"I am organizing this film festival because I want to show what is relevant. I prolong and consolidate an audience for what has been already acknowledged as value in Cannes," said famous Romanian director Cristian Mungiu, three times winner of Cannes prizes and president of the 2017 Shanghai International Film Festival.

"Ten years ago, when my generation and myself were winning prizes in Cannes, people at distance couldn't know exactly what was Cannes festival. So I thought it was imperative to bring the atmosphere here in Bucharest and I arranged with the film selector from Cannes to bring the films here. Since 2010, the audience of the festival has been increasing," he said.

China is now attracting directors and producers, especially now when China is actively promoting cooperation in various fields, including in movie industry, along the Silk Road, said Mungiu.

"I chose 'The Chinese Widow' because I liked it very much when I was in the jury in Shanghai, and this film allows me, on the one hand, to introduce directors who won prizes in Cannes and on the other hand, to introduce new cinemas from parts of the world still unfamiliar to us, but very visible in the industry."

The Chinese Widow is a 2017 Chinese war drama film directed by Danish Director Bille August, starring Liu Yifei and Emile Hirsch. The story is told through the heart-wrenching love story between a WWII American pilot who crash lands in China after a bombing run on Tokyo and a young Chinese widow who saves him.

The film premiered at the 2017 Shanghai International Film Festival as the opening film.

Mungiu explained, "the trend is changing. Before, directors were imposing themselves after Cannes by making films in America, now they are making films in China, which is a tremendous market. It is very interesting to introduce to the public something unconceivable before -- directors and producers who have no knowledge about Chinese realities but go there to make films because they find the necessary conditions."

Sun Peng, Chairwoman and CEO of Zhejiang Roc Picture and the producer of The Chinese Widow, confessed that she had watched lots of films before she realized that "Bille August was the perfect director for my film".

"I found similarities between our worlds in terms of ideas, story, characters, plot ... so we decided to work together. We spent more than 4 years only to write the script. Then, we reunited our production teams, and creation teams from 7 nations," she said.

Sun found Cristian Mungiu an extremely professional and inspirational director and she "will definitely work with him later on. I am also impressed by his charity actions and this is indeed a duty for film professionals, not only telling stories about people but actually helping people."

Mungiu admitted that he contemplated working with the Chinese film-making industry, but "firstly, there are many things to learn about that part of the world".
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Auditore Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: